Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

As Happy As Larry


When I am happy, I go the whole hog. I smile a lot; I speak at a rate of knots. When I am happy, I want to share the joy with my hospital staff. I become happy when I see someone being discharged from my hospital in amazingly improved condition. I become happy when I learn a new tool of my trade. I become happy when I am able to finish all the day’s assignments on time. I become happy when someone cares to write a letter of good words to me. I become happy when I see my kids working hard to carve a niche. I become happy when I help someone who has lost all hopes.

Happiness is a startling feeling. I feel happy when I finish the last page of an engrossing book. I feel happy when I add a new word in my vocabulary. I feel happy when it’s the festival time. I am a light sleeper, but a heavy dreamer; I feel happy when I am able to recall a dream that had tranquil notes. I feel happy when I take a break from the frenzied life of Delhi to visit Krishna Temple in Vrindavan. I feel happy when I take out my surgical gloves after the day’s successful stint. I feel happy when one of staffs greets me with a super-smile. I feel happy when I finish writing a blog post. I feel happy when I wipe a tear.

The life’s expedition should be to remain nose-deep in the sea of happiness. Happiness is not a physical feeling; it’s womb lies in the layers of mind and soul. Let’s lower our thresholds of realizing the bliss of happiness and enjoy the raptures of life. What else the life is meant for if not for the cause of eternal jamboree? 

No comments: