Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 30, 2012

My memorable mornings


It has been such a ceremonialistic routine all these years for me to start my day with the onset of dawn. Sometimes, I precede dawn in making my arrival known to the folks in my hospital. In my college days, I used to think that something is wrong either with my reticular activating system or with my melatonin secreting apparatus. How else could an ordinary undergraduate relate with a short sleep requirement. A lot of people feel somnolent in the day time even after enjoying a sound sleep of 10-11 hours in the night time; some people are blessed the other way round. I consider myself to be a blessed identity in this aspect; I feel extremely wakeful and fresh after a sleep of 3 hours. I mean that much sleep is enough to get me bouncing the whole day; I wouldn’t feel like catching forty winks. On the saddest days I have managed to sleep for 6-7 hours, and haven’t really liked the exercise. Even my buddy-buddy patients know this fact and don’t hesitate calling me any part of the day or night for any of the health related concerns that they find worth bringing up to my notice.

The first thing I do after waking up is to remember my parents. My wake up cycle has embedded this spiritual exercise and I do this without getting any reminders from the brain; this is a realm where subconscious calls the shots and the body obeys. Next, I pray to almighty to give me strength to render my best knowledge, without any prejudice, to all my patients and to contribute my share in making their lives merrier and free of health related worries. I have always found the time of early morning the best for my creative imagination. This is the time when my body is in synchronization with my spiritual activity and everything seems so tranquil, without any preconceived notions.

No comments: