- Speak to your patients in the capacity that you are meant to. Ensure that treatment consent is taken from the patient after relevant interpretation of the same.
- When in doubt, involve colleagues to get the best opinions about a case
- Take steps to keep your hospital safe from ruckus-creating people. Install cameras at prominent places; hire a credible security agency, and infuse the spirit of organization in the hospital staff.
- Never underestimate the vitality of paperwork. When in doubt, write it down.
- Make provisions for keeping the records in soft copies as well; take regular data backup and ensure data protection.
- Assign a team of hospital staff for ensuring that all the machinery is being monitored periodically, by the experts.
- Arrange for mock drills with proper governmental permission.
- Make sure your staff knows how to handle the fire extinguisher, how to understand the medical emergency and how to perform Basic Life Support (this would help them creating a sea of change in the society)
- Never loose your coolth when speaking to an inebriated or foul-mouthing person; it has started happening so frequently these days that you must adapt to display your best side when trapped in such a situation
- Look out for the optimum quality while purchasing medical consumables, machinery or other health care related stuff. It would save you a lot of efficiency in the long run.
Laparo-Endoscopic Surgeon. Med-Enterpreneur. Free-Thinker. Devotee of Lord Krishna. Non-Conformist. Avid-Reader. Bariatric Surgeon. Philantropist.
Sunday, April 29, 2012
10 tips to safeguard your healthcare practice
Posted by Dr Anil Khetarpal at 7:30 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment