The longest word is English language is pneumonoultramiscroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis - an inflammatory lung disease caused by the inhalation of fine silica dust
- I could not get the inventor’s name. If anybody gets it, please pass it to me. I hope medical textbook publishers are not reading this or else the inventor will have to bear the bully of lacs of medical students for the punishment of memorizing the tongue twister
The average human eyelash lives about 150 days
- Thank God, we are spared from keeping a mini comb. The fine senses prevailed in the nature. Prejudice for humans is so obvious.
Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush
- Well, bless the newly developing cramped housing societies. What choice do they have to comfortably indulge in? Using the flush or brushing their teeth?
The air released from a sneeze can exceed the speed of 100 mph
- Its fascinating to know that our very tender laryngo-pharyngeal musculature is capable of achieving such a feat. Think what can be done if our biceps and latissimus dorsi get to know this.
Women blink nearly twice as much as men
- Well there has to be a scientific explanation about that, or a sociological one. Have a clue? Please share.
In a public bathroom, the stall which is closest to the door is usually the cleanest, because it's the least used.
- The obvious enemy is better than the occult friend.
You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television
- I was sure of this, as our mind is in highly turbulent stage while sleeping (refer to my blog titled ‘Where is the remote control’)
Synesthesia is a rare condition where the human senses are combined. Synesthetes can 'see' words, 'taste' colours and shapes, and 'feel' flavours.
- If this rare medical condition can be artificially induced, there will be a flurry of aspirants, I am sure. And their next query would be ' What are the other combos available doctor'.
An average person will spend two weeks of their life kissing